Queens of colour Amy who loves bronde and Harriet who loves all things blonde have a long list of celebrity clients from Pixie Lott and Kimberly Wyatt to world famous influencers InThe Frow and Alessandra Steinherr. They know exactly what it takes to go blonde and keep your blonde hair looking its best. Here are their top tips.
When going a lighter hair colour there are a few factors you need to consider:
HAVE A FULL IN-DEPTH CONSULTATION AND GET EXPERT ADVICE FROM YOUR COLOURIST
- Colour history – Have you had any chemical services that have been applied onto the hair? We can’t determine your end result if we don’t know what services you have previously had.
- Is my hair strong enough? We recommend a pre-treatment like Redke’s Extreme CAT before colouring.
- Hair texture - Is you hair able to take lightening?
- Skin colour – Will the shade of blonde you want suit your skin tone? We can work together to choose the best tone for you.
- Can you maintain your blonde? We recommend all blondes use Redken’s Color Extend Blondage Shampoo and Conditioner once a week.
GET ADVICE FROM THE EXPERTS BOTH COLOURISTS AND STYLISTS IN THE SALON
- On big colour changes we often get each other’s opinion.
- We get the stylists involved, as we like to create the perfect look for our clients.
- Always do our skin test 48 hours prior to their appointment.
- Strand test - In particular every new client wanting to go blonder. This is so we can see the level of lift we can achieve, how the elasticity and porosity of the hair feels.
- Knowledge is power and if we have all this information we can achieve better results and retain the integrity of the hair.
PROTECT AND STRENGTHEN THE HAIR BEFORE YOUR COLOUR SERVICE
- Make sure your colourist uses a bonder like Redken’s PH Bonder to strengthen the hair before starting a color service.
- Use a shampoo and conditioner range for damaged hair, try Redken’s Extreme Shampoo and Conditioner .
- Use a repair leave-in product after washing, try Redken’s Extreme Anti Snap, we recommend to all our blonde clients.
- Redken One United is an everyday must to all hair colour and types, as it’s quick and easy to use after every wash and has incredible multi benefits especially good for people on the run. No excuses now.
- Every blonde should never be without a purple shampoo! With our busy lifestyles, sunshine, water and thermal damage can leave our pearly locks with unwanted undertones! Make sure to use Redken’s Color Extend Blondage Shampoo and Conditioner once a week; not only does it deposit violet tones to neutralise brassiness but can also strengthen hair with regular use!