SHADES EQ & COLOR GELS SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
SHADES EQ HEALTH & SAFETY INFORMATION
HAIR COLORANTS CAN CAUSE SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS. FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIENT IT IS THEREFORE ESSENTIAL TO FOLLOW THESE PRECAUTIONS:
• wear suitable disposable gloves during the preparation, application and rinsing of the product. • Read and follow instructions. • This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. • Temporary « black henna » tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. • Do not colour the hair if: - your client has a rash on their face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp. - your client has ever experienced any reaction after colouring their hair. - your client has experienced a reaction to a temporary « black henna » tattoo in the past.
YOU MUST DO AN ALLERGY ALERT TEST WITHOUT FAIL 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH USE OF THIS PRODUCT.
• Avoid contact with eyes. Do not use to dye eyelashes or eyebrows. • Rinse the eyes immediately and abundantly if the product comes into contact with them. • Rinse hair well after application. • Wait at least 2 weeks after using a relaxer before applying the hair colorant. • Do not use if the hair has been coloured with henna or
with a progressive hair colorant. • Keep out of reach of children.
SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS: READ BEFORE USE
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE ON PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 16. AN ALLERGY ALERT TEST MUST BE DONE 48 HOURS BEFORE EACH APPLICATION OF THIS COLORANT, AS AN ALLERGY CAN DEVELOP SUDDENLY, EVEN IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY APPLIED THIS PRODUCT OR ANOTHER COLORANT ON YOUR CLIENT.
IMPORTANT: HAIR COLORANTS CAN CAUSE SEVERE ALLERGIC REACTIONS. FOR YOU AND YOUR CLIENT, TO HELP REDUCE THE RISK OF AN ALLERGIC REACTION, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO FOLLOW THE PRECAUTIONS BELOW:
• WEAR SUITABLE DISPOSABLE GLOVES during the preparation, application and rinsing of the product
• Temporary « black henna » tattoos may increase the risk of allergy.
Do not color the hair if :
• your client has a rash on their face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp
• your client has ever experienced any reaction after coloring their hair.
• your client has experienced a reaction to a temporary «black henna» tattoo in the past
HOW TO PERFORM THE ALLERGY ALERT TEST:
• Remove earrings. Behind the ear and using a cotton-bud apply a little of the unmixed
colorant product (Shades EQ) sufficient to cover an area of 1 to 2 cm2 (e.g. the size of a small
coin). Re-apply allowing it to dry between applications. Carefully reseal the colorant
• Leave for 48 hours without washing, covering or touching. If during this period you or your
client notice any abnormal reactions, such as itching, redness or swelling in or around the test
area, DO NOT APPLY THE PRODUCT.
• IN CASE OF A REACTION DURING THE APPLICATION such as intense stinging, irritation, rash or burning
sensation on the scalp, rinse immediately and discontinue use. In case of shortness of breath, seek immediate medical attention. Before coloring the hair again, recommend your client consults a doctor.
Advise your client that if, DURING THE DAYS FOLLOWING THE APPLICATION, itching, redness, spots on the scalp or skin, swelling of the eyes and/or the face, blisters or oozing of the scalp and/or skin occurs, it is recommended to consult a doctor.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Use exclusively with the recommended oxidants: Processing Solution (2%) maximum. Do not use
with hydrogen peroxide greater than 2 %.
• Use only the proportions indicated.
• Avoid contact of the product with skin and eyes. Do not use to color a beard or moustache, or for
any purpose other than coloring the hair. Do not use to dye eyelashes or eyebrows.
• Rinse eyes immediately and abundantly if product comes into contact with them and seek medical assistance.
• If contact lenses are worn, they should be removed before rinsing the eyes thoroughly with water.
• Rinse hair well after application.
• Prepare and apply the mixture preferably in a well-ventilated place.
• Do not inhale or ingest.
• For all questions concerning the personal sensitivity of your client, recommend consultation with a doctor.
• Wait at least 2 weeks after using a relaxer on the hair before applying the hair colorant.
• Do not use if hair has been colored with henna or with a progressive hair colorant.
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR USE. For professional use only. INSTRUCTIONS, APPLICATION AND RINSING:
• Wear suitable disposable gloves.
• Use exclusively with the recommended oxidant, 2% maximum. Do not use with hydrogen peroxide greater than 2%.
• Use only the proportions indicated.
• When a shaker is used, open immediately after mixing to avoid the shaker bursting and damage
from the product overflowing.
• Shades EQ Equalizing Conditioning Color Gloss is always mixed in a 1:1 ratio of Color Gloss to Redken Processing Solution.
• Standard development time is 20 minutes at room temperature.
• Do not use metallic tools (clips, combs,...)
• Rinse the hair well after the development time.
NOTE: For best penetration and durability, always process for the full 20 minutes. To achieve lighter
color deposits, use diluted formulas, not reduced processing times! For the complete directons for
use, timing and application techniques, refer to Shades EQ Education Guide.
REDKEN 5th AVENUE NYC LLC, New York, NY 10001
277 rue Saint Honoré 75008 PARIS • London, W6 8AZ, UK • 40474 Düsseldorf, Deutschland • c/Josefa Valcárcel 48- 28027 Madrid, ESPAÑA • L’O.P., Lda, R. D. Ant. Lour. Borges, 7 Miraflores,
1495-131 Algés, Portugal • PB505 2130 AM Hoofddorp NL • N.V. L'OREAL Belgilux S.A. 1082 BRUXELLES • 564 St Kilda Rd. Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia • Level 2, Building B, 600 Great
South Road, Ellerslie, Auckland 1051, New Zealand • Dist. REDKEN 5th AVENUE NYC, Montréal H4T 1K5 • TSA 75000 93584 ST OUEN CEDEX FR
Made in Spain. A19 redken.com